July 26, 2009
10 Ways to Improve My Blog - from BlogHer09
View from my room at the Sheraton Chicago for the BlogHer 09 Conference. Thanks to all of the great bloggers and panelists that filled my head with creative energy. Here is a summary of what this newbie blogger is taking away:
1. Google doesn’t care about cute titles.
2. My work is not over when I press PUBLISH. Use social networks.
3. Spread the word with my local audience back home.
4. Fear is silly.
5. I get what I give. If I think it’s all about me, I’ll end up all alone.
6. Know what I want to be when I grow up – develop a plan for the blog!
7. Know what my audience is doing on my site, and where they are coming from.
8. Cultivate my message, don’t blast it.
9. Consider using Wordpress as a blogging platform. Everyone else is.
10. Geek-out with Google Trends, Google Analytics, Addtoany, and Tweetree.
See, I think it’s working already. I was going to call this post, “In a Nutshell”. Um, yeah…given this isn’t a shout-out to cashew connoisseurs, I think I’ll be on a better track now! Thank you everyone!