August 16, 2009
Our Favorite Children's Books for Family Travel
It's almost time to get the suitcases out and start packing for our next trip. This should be easy given that bathing suits and sunscreen will be the main attraction. However, one item we will surely include (besides the Busy Kits, of course!) will be our mini traveling library. You may recall these from your childhood days, but the series of Mr. Men and Little Miss books have been lifesavers for us on all of our trips, and I'll tell you why...
1) They have enough words for the readers, but are colorful enough for the toddlers
2) They are small and compact, which means you can bring a whole library along
3) They are sturdy enough for travel
4) They are cheerful, which comes in handy during travel snafus
5) They have lots of titles (for lots of little personalities)
Here is the link to Mr. Bump on Amazon. From there, you can scan all sorts of Misters.
What books have saved your sanity during a family vacation? I'm always looking to add more selections to our collection.
Lorraine Akemann / Co-founder / My Busy Kit